The 5 types of Conspiracy theories
Conspiracy theories – Weird-side.com
Later in this post, we will see the 5 types of conspiracy theories as Walker described them, but lets see some info about him before.
Jesse Walker is born on September 4, 1970.
He is a book editor of Reason magazine. The University of Michigan alumnus has written the books
The United States of Paranoia: A Conspiracy Theory (HarperCollins, 2013)
Rebels on the Air: An Alternative History of Radio in America (NYU Press, 2001)
He also maintains a blog called The Perpetual Three-Dot Column. His articles have appeared in several publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, Salon, The New Republic, Politico, L.A. Times, L.A. Weekly, Chronicles, Boing Boing, No Depression, and the Journal of American Studies.
Walker has also worked as a DJ, a dishwasher, and a miscellaneous office grunt, and was once hired to help move a clandestine dog farm. He lives in Baltimore with his wife and their two daughters.
His writings display a definite libertarian bent, and he has cast a protest vote for the Libertarian Party’s nominee in every presidential election of his adult life except one, though “more often than not, I think they’ve put up a terrible candidate.”
Walker was critical of the War on Terror and opposed the Patriot Act. He has stated that it is a myth that the U.S. pursued an “isolationist” foreign policy between World War I and World War II.
The 5 types
He sugged that there are 5 types of conspiracy theories.
- “Enemy Outside” refers to theories based on figures alleged to be scheming against a community from without.
- “The Enemy Within” finds the conspirators lurking inside the nation, indistinguishable from ordinary citizens.
- “The Enemy Above” involves powerful people manipulating events for their own gain.
- “Enemy Below” features the lower classes working to overturn the social order.
- “Benevolent Conspiracies” are angelic forces that work behind the scenes to improve the world and help people
Share this entry